Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What Should I Do with My Life?

To accomplish my project, certain things are needed to be asked, done and acquired. For this post, I will be talking about my first material- a book.

Last Monday, I accompanied my sister at a nearby mall to help her look for gifts to give her boyfriend’s mom for birthday. While waiting for her to arrive from work, I set to find by myself the gifts she might be interested in giving. Upon doing the search, I entered Book Sale and scanned for books that might interest me. Normally, I end up finding nothing. No book, magazine or novel that would really catch my attention or most of the time, I don’t have the money to spend for that find.

I started with the magazines and then I went to the section for medical books. Of course, I am still a medically-inclined person and I tried looking for a drug handbook that I may use in my work. Well, I found one but it is too expensive! Why not look for other books? So I proceeded and found a red book. It struck me like the book was telling me “Get me! I am the one you needed!” Picking up the book, I fell in love with it and immediately bought it. The title and the central theme of the book is this- What Should I Do with My Life?



The book is by Po Bronson who, also had to ask the question to himself. He said, “We all have passions if we choose to see them. Most of us don’t get epiphanies. We don’t get clarity. Our purpose doesn’t arrive neatly packaged as destiny. We only get a whisper. A blank, nonspecific urge. That’s how it starts.”

Why in the world would a book appear to me in the middle of my mental journey for the meaning of my life? Divine intervention? Probably. All I can say is that I am enjoying the book right now. I have taken notes for words of wisdom that somehow knock at my heart and soul. Helpful? Definitely. I would like to leave you with these words from the book:

“Sometimes, what you’re not good at is the place to start. Learning to do it, and do it well, might fix the problem.”

No comments: