Friday, May 16, 2008

My September


"september is coming to an end but the memories and blessings that i had this month will forever be in my heart...."

in the past years, i never get excited when september comes. though it is my birthday month, i have come to a point that my birthday will always be a rainy one. i can still remember when i was seven years old... i never had that party for schoolers because my birthday was a stormy day. more proof? my 21st birthday last year was the day typhoon "milenyo" ravaged the philippines. nevertheless, it was not a sad day for me because my great friend sherwin prepared a small celebration for me even though it was raining hard and the wind was so fierce. this is reality for me...

it could be that christmas is fast approaching that i get excited when september comes but my birthday? it is just an ordinary one for me. but not this time....
this month started with a bang as i passed the licensure examniation for nurses. i also got a very decent grade that can help me find a very good hospital to work with. i also passed the ielts exam getting a grade above the required one. my dad got a job though the place is so damn far but still an upright work...to highlight all these blessings was my birthday... it was different. it was the birthday celebration that i always imagined having for myself. i celebrated it with a thanksgiving lunch with all the people who have witnessed my struggles and my success as a person. my classmates (and friends) from college (ann, christian, may, sherwin, tin, lein and neil) were there sharing with me one of the happiest moments of my life... my family and relatives also rejoicing for these blessings that i received...

as if it was not enough, my highschool friends also ended this month with such a very memorable and blissful day as we extended my birthday party. benj, von, rina, joan, fa, dondon, karen, richard and dennis were there to make sure that i will change my view of this month...

i have always kept my expectations for september in a very realistic manner in the past but things came as surprises for me. it is in these moments that i feel loved, cared, treasured and blessed by my family, relatives, friends, classmates and most especially, our Lord Almighty. i have learned a lot... i have changed hopefully for the better. september has really a lot of happy moments for me to cherish. now i feel that this is my month...my september.
originally posted on friendster last september 30, 2007

No comments: