Monday, January 31, 2011

Second Home

It was 2008 when I left for Egypt. Jobless for more than a year, the chance to work did not give me doubts to work in a foreign land. I was always asked if Egypt was safe. The answer was always a strong yes.

Though three years have passed, my heart still beats for Egypt. I will always be thankful for Egypt. It was in this place that I had my first experience working. As a nurse and as an overseas worker. My stay in Egypt gave me a lot of first that are imprinted in my personality.

The things that are happening back there make me sad. However, I really feel that they need to undergo this transition. It is just that, it needs to be done peacefully. My friends are still there. Filipinos or Egyptians, they are all my friends and even if my time with my former employee was not really easy, I still do care for them.

My thoughts and prayers for you Egypt.

2 comments:

LoF said...

God save the protesters.

Charltoninho said...

May Allah protect the people...