Friday, June 25, 2010

The Final Letter

Dear Ms. Toni,

Clearly, I do not know how to start this email to you. It is with pure sadness that I was not be able to accomplish those forms. The last time we talked, we were looking at the possibility of just having to get some form of certification that would state that my Philippine nursing license was recognized in Egypt. With all the possible ways that we can think of, we proceeded to get help from the Egyptian Embassy here in the Philippines. The Embassy told us that the Certificate of Employment would be enough to certify that I was registered as a nurse in Egypt. I know however, that it works differently in U.K.

Trying on the other option, we decided to go to our Professional Regulations Commission to ask for help and we hit dead-end. There is no law that would allow reciprocity of our license to any other country. It may be like that in Egypt but the lawyer from the Commission told us that there is no written mandate. It was a very sad day for the whole family as we do not know anymore what to do. As if to further explain the situation to the NMC, my dad sent an email to Mr. Bowler but until now, no reply has been received.

After all the efforts and resources spent, I think I hit the end of my journey in going to U. K. However, I believe that everything happens for a reason. I am nearing one year of being jobless now and so I am looking at the prospect of searching for another job since I cannot progress to U. K. It was really a pleasure working with you. I hope in the future, I may be able to apply again with Search.

Thank you and God bless.

Charlton

No comments: