Friday, December 10, 2010

Mental Rut

For days, I sit on my workstation trying to look like I am doing something worthy of the salary that I get. Staring at the computer while occasionally writing something unimportant on my pad sheet, I am pretending to work.

I cannot get hold of the task given to me. It seems that the moment I make my brain work for the report that I have to make, my neurons are slowly dying.
Months before this job, I was literally ranting about doing nothing. I prayed to God that one day, I may be a part of a company wherein I can contribute some of my knowledge and skills. Then by August, God heard my prayer.

And here I am now, blogging about being in a mental rut.

You see, I have been whining for few days now how I miss nursing. But looking back from my first job, I did not show any signs of liking towards my profession.

What I would like to say is that contentment is such an elusive state. By this, it makes man a complete ambitious and ungrateful being. Why can’t we just appreciate the things that we have? Why do we always yearn for something that we don’t have but will not necessarily make us contented if we will have it?

For this, life offers us the choices that we have to make. Now, I will try to finish my task.

1 comment:

LoF said...

when in a rut, get out of the car and walk. =P or as Churchill said, if you are going through hell, keep going.